The MARS® Cycling Australia Road National Championships will be run in and around the historical city of Ballarat, Victoria, January 8-12, 2014.
Featuring a Time Trial, Criterium and Road Race, the #RoadNats is the place to feel the Green and Gold Rush.
In 2014 the Time Trial becomes the first event of the five-day carnival of elite cycling on Wednesday January 8, 2014, which culminates on the Sunday for the Elite Men’s Road Race, Australia’s Greatest One-Day Race.
To ensure you are one of the first to find out about the 2014 course information, please sign up for our eNews.
Wednesday, 8 January – Time Trial
- 10:30am: U23 Men’s Time Trial (28km)
- 12:00pm: Elite & U23 Women’s Time Trial (28km)
- 2:30pm: Elite Men’s Time Trial (45km)
Thursday, 9 January – Criteriums
Sturt Street, Ballarat
- 4:30pm: U23 Men’s Criterium (33km – 30 x 1.1km laps)
- 5:30pm: Elite & U23 Women’s Criterium (33km – 30 x 1.1km laps)
- 7:00pm: Elite Men’s Criterium (44km – 40 x 1.1km laps)
Event Viewing Area - Sturt St – includes live screen and commentary, eating areas.
Saturday 11 & Sunday 12 January – Road Races
Geelong Rd, Buninyong
- 9:00am: U23 Men’s Road Race (132.6km – 13 x 10.2km laps)
- 1:30pm: Elite & U23 Women’s Road Race (102km – 10 x 10.2km laps)
- 11:30am: Elite Men’s Road Race (183.6km – 18 x 10.2km laps)
Event Viewing Areas – Giant Screen, Entertainment, Product Displays, a Boutique Beer Festival and plenty of great food.
King of the Mountain (KOM) Courtesy Bus - From 10.30am on Sunday 12 January, the bus will collect passengers from the service road adjacent to the CFA station on the Midland Hwy, drop passengers off at the start of the KOM and return to the CFA station.
The Elite Men’s Road Race will be shown LIVE nationwide on SBS ONE from 2pm.