The MARS® Cycling Australia Road National Championships will be run in and around the historical city of Ballarat, Victoria, January 9-13, 2013.
Featuring a Time Trial, Criterium and Road Race, the #RoadNats is Where Legends Are Made.
In 2013 the Time Trial becomes the first event of the five-day carnival of elite cycling on Wednesday January 9, 2013, which culminates on the Sunday for the Elite Men’s Road Race, Australia’s Greatest One-Day Race.
To ensure you are one of the first to find out about the 2013 course information, please sign up for our eNews.
Wednesday, 9 January – Time Trials
Lake Wendouree, Ballarat
- 9:30am: U23 Men’s Time Trial (29.2kms)
- 12:00pm: Elite & U23 Women’s Time Trial (29.2kms)
- 2:30pm: Elite Men’s Time Trial (37kms)
Event Viewing Area – Along Lake Wendouree – includes live screen and commentary, eating areas. MAP.
Thursday, 10 January – Criteriums
Sturt Street, Ballarat
- 4:30pm: U23 Men’s Criterium. 30 laps, 33kms
- 5:45pm: Elite & U23 Women’s Criterium. 30 laps, 33kms.
- 7:00pm: Elite Men’s Criterium. 40 laps, 44kms
Event Viewing Area – Sturt St – includes live screen and commentary, eating areas. MAP.
Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 January – Road Races
Geelong Rd, Buninyong
- 9:00am: U23 Men’s Road Race. 2 x Big & 8 x Small laps, 137.2kms
- 1:30pm: Elite & U23 Women’s Road Race. 2 x Big & 5 x Small laps, 106.6kms
- 8:00am: Amy’s Ride – Ballarat (100km & 70km)
- 8:15am: Amy’s Ride – Ballarat (20km)
- 11:30am: Elite Men’s Road Race (3 x Big & 11 x Small laps) 195.6kms
Event Viewing Areas: – Giant Screen, Entertainment, Product Displays, a Boutique Beer Festival and plenty of great food. MAP.
King of the Mountain (KOM) Courtesy Bus – From 10.30am on Sunday 13 January, the bus will collect passengers from the service road adjacent to the CFA station on the Midland Hwy, drop passengers off at the start of the KOM and return to the CFA station.
The Elite Men’s Road Race will be shown LIVE nationwide on SBS TV.